Full benefits package – car allowance, travel to site, pension scheme, 26 days holiday
We are looking for an enthusiastic Design Manager to join our growing team at Winvic Construction, a multi-disciplinary main contractor that excels in the delivery of construction projects on a national scale.
Reporting to the Technical Director, covering all aspects of design coordination for the business on projects throughout the UK, varying in value from £10m to in excess of £60m across a range of sectors including industrial, retail, student accommodation, private rental schemes, offices, and industrial fit out.
Duties will involve but not be limited to:
- Arranging and chairing the Design team meetings to lead the process with the consultants and sub contract designers, issuing minutes and ensuring the resulting actions are actioned
- Collate and manage the contract specifications, drawing and related documents for the construction process
- Carrying drawing reviews issuing comments then ensuring all comments are added accordingly to the design
- Carry out technical reviews of any proposed works to ensure contractual and technical compliance.
- Prepare and manage the Design and procurement schedule and issue information release schedules to set design target dates
- Offer input and design reviews into the procurement process
- Providing design support to Project Management teams.
- Review and implement value engineering opportunities
- Coordinate with the M&E managers to ensure coordination of the M&E install and commissioning process.
- Utilising specialist consultants coordinate the information and design to ensure BREEAM and Part L compliance are attained as required.
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy Building Control compliance
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy all planning conditions are discharged
- Lead Design review workshop with the client / tenant to ensure understanding and satisfaction with proposed works
- Manage the Design Change Proposals for client sign off
- Submitting Design information to the client team and recording, tracking and closing out any comments and queries that arise
- Issue, track and close out any Requests For Information that arise to enable the design to be completed.
- Assist in the collation of the O&M Health and Safety file
Email CV & covering letter to Miss Rebecca Schwarz – firstname.lastname@example.org