Civil Engineering Placement
Locations: various, due to site work
Winvic is a multidisciplinary main contractor that excels in the delivery of construction projects on a national platform. Formed in 2001, we are privately owned and this year will turn over in excess of £500 million for a growing list of blue chip clients. We are currently offering exciting opportunities for Civil Engineering students to join us and gain valuable experience and insight into a career in Civil Engineering.
Your year on site will see you working on a variety of projects and being hands on from day one. Site Engineering at Winvic is a very varied role and our Engineers are a key part of the site team and are involved in the contract from award to completion. Amongst other things you will find your time, depending on the stage of the contract, will be made up of assisting our site team, particularly the Senior and Site Engineers in their day to day roles.
- Setting Out, using modern high tech equipment, positioning our works and recording data.
- Supervising our contractors ensuring that things are built ‘right first time’
- Record keeping
- Material scheduling, orders and reconciliations
- Planning of works, mapping out
- Good experience of all construction processes
- Contribute to regular site meetings with our team
See Working With Winvic for current year out information
At Winvic we pride ourselves on our first class reputation for exceeding our clients’ expectations. Working throughout the UK, we are widely known as the country’s leading ‘shed’ specialist, delivering millions of square feet every year for the industrial and distribution sector.
Excellent staff retention has allowed our business to grow and diversify significantly, with our design and build, fit-out and civil works expertise benefitting projects across:
- Fit-out – standalone and as part of a base build, including installing high value storage, complex MHE, and mechanical and electrical services
- Earthworks, remediation, infrastructure and civil engineering
- Multi-room student and residential accommodation
- Education, retail and leisure
During your year out with us you’ll gain plenty of experience which will not only help you with your course but also give you the knowledge to set you off on your career path.
E mail CV & covering letter to Miss Rebecca Schwarz – email@example.com