From Mega-Sheds to Mega-Bedrooms: Winvic is Emerging as the New Kid on the PRS Block30 Nov 2017, Posted by Multi-Room, Project Updates, Projects Won in
Contractor Signs with Spitfire Bespoke Homes and Appoints Director of Multi-room
Multidisciplinary main contractor, Winvic Construction Ltd., who in recent years has been best known for its large industrial warehouses, has secured yet another multi-room scheme. It’s steady rise in this sector has led to the creation of a new directorial role. Mark Jones has been appointed as Director for Multi-room and will therefore be heading this latest Birmingham PRS development at Newhall Square, other current builds and the ongoing collaboration with clients.
- 2,468 bedrooms have been delivered by Winvic to date spanning build-to-rent and student accommodation projects;
- A further 2,754 beds secured which are set to be complete by the end of 2018/2019;
- Multi-room turnover relates to circa 25 per cent of Winvic’s total and is expected to rise to 35 per cent by mid-2018.
I’m delighted to be in the position to strengthen our current standing in a fast-growing sector. We’re looking forward to constructing high quality, sustainable homes in revitalised city centres. Our team takes great pride in their work and are always looking for ways to evolve and improve.
Mark Jones, Director for Multi-room
Through its growth in this sector, Winvic is further establishing its reputation for building prosperous relationships with clients. The national contractor works with industrial and commercial developers time and again, due to its open and flexible approach. People know Winvic can build quality mega-sheds and now the company is demonstrating it can do the same with mega-bedrooms.
Mark Jones, commented: “Winvic has always been committed to building effective working relationships and exceeding client expectations, which has led to consistent repeat business. As the new Director for Multi-room, I’m delighted to be in the position to strengthen our current standing in a fast-growing sector. We’re looking forward to constructing high quality, sustainable homes in revitalised city centres. Our team takes great pride in their work and are always looking for ways to evolve and improve.
“Our team and I have been working behind the scenes with Spitfire for some time and Newhall Square typifies why the PRS market is emergent. Young professionals aged 25 to 34 make up the majority of PRS tenants. These two new build plots are in a great location, only a short walk from the central business district and as a number of new mixed-use developments, which will be bringing 12,000 new jobs to Birmingham.”
Ross Evans, Special Projects Director at Spitfire Bespoke Homes, said: “We have been collaborating with Winvic for some time on the Newhall Square development and we have the utmost confidence that Winvic, together with our team, will deliver something special. Winvic have been accommodating throughout the design phase, exhibiting their experience and their team’s commitment to a project of this size in this sector is clear.”
“The Build to Rent sector is emerging, and the high quality of this project, situated in one of the most desirable areas of the city, provides a variety of choice and flexibility for people to achieve the lifestyle of their choice. Newhall Square has something to offer to everyone who desires the flexibility that high quality urban living can provide.
The two Newhall Square plots that are located between the Jewellery Quarter and Central Business District incorporate Grade II-listed buildings. Plot 1 located on Charlotte Street, will consist of 79 apartments over six storeys and an under-croft car park for 61 cars. Plot 2a, Newhall Street, will be a mixed-use development with 138 apartments, three commercial spaces and six townhouses, totalling 10 storeys. Plot 2b, Whitmore, will comprise four apartments. Work will begin on site on Thursday, 7 December 2017.
- Winvic is currently erecting steelwork at the Vaughan Way PRS scheme in Leicester, which is next to the Highcross shopping centre. This mixed-use residential and commercial development is an 11-storey block with steps down to seven and five storeys on the rear elevations. It comprises 298 apartments and car parking, and is scheduled for completion in Spring 2019.
- They have also commenced groundworks on student accommodation comprising 1,192 self-contained bedrooms, over four interlocking blocks ranging from 14 to 23 storeys include landscaping to the upper floor podium, offices, common rooms and retail spaces on the ground and first floor levels. Works at Fairfax St in the centre of Coventry are scheduled to completed in August 2019.
- The developing PRS market in the UK is estimated to be worth £25 billion;
- It is set to increase by 24 per cent by 2021 – one in four people will be renting;
- Secretary of State for Communities and Local Governments, Sajid Javid, announced plans in October to regulate the privately rented sector, which has been welcomed by RICS to maintain a healthy market.
Winvic Construction Ltd is a privately owned multidisciplinary main contractor that excels in the delivery of construction projects on a national scale for a growing number of blue chip clients.
- Formed in 2001
- 100% record of delivery on-time and within budget
- £500m+ turnover
- 260% growth since 2012
- 2,468 multi-room units developed
Winvic is widely known as the UK’s leading ‘shed specialist’, but it is now also regarded as an authority in privately rented sector projects, specialist sustainable builds and retail and leisure schemes, to name a few. Services include:
- Multi-room student and residential accommodation – watch drone footage and learn more about the 567-bedroom student accommodation at Southgates in Leicester
- Earthworks, remediation, infrastructure and civil engineering – the nationally significant infrastructure development, East Midlands Gateway, will be completed in December 2019
- Education, retail and leisure – read more about the prestigious Rushden Lakes retail and leisure scheme, one of the UK’s largest out of town schemes of its kind
- Standalone fit-out or encompassed in base build, including high value storage installation, complex MHE, and mechanical and electrical services – this fit-out for John Lewis in Milton Keynes is one example of a complete project across a warehouse and offices
Please visit our website’s projects pages to learn more about some the exciting construction and fit-out projects we have delivered across the areas of multi-room, industrial, commercial, education and civils.