Winvic were appointed by BNP Paribas Securities Services to construct a new chilled food production/ storage warehouse for end-user Samworth Brothers in Leicester. The 155,000 sqft facility situated on a 16.8 acre site provides a new temperature controlled storage and distribution facility that also includes a three storey 30,000 sqft fully fitted out office area.
More than just a shed, the internal warehouse contains 10 separate chambers to accommodate the various temperature controlled areas ranging 1,000 to 20,000 sqft for 3 blast freezers that can operate at temperatures as low as -34 degrees and chilled chambers maintained at 2 degrees among others.
The warehouse temperature controlled chambers were fully operational and temperature draw down complete 6 weeks prior to contract completion to allow early access for the end user to commence their final operational fit-out works coordinated with the remaining base build works.
Other key features of the project include;
- ‘Box in a Box’ chamber construction using hygienic Kingspan Polyisocyanurate Core panels, 220mm
thick, 13m in height
- Glycol under slab heating controlled by heat re-generation from compressor units
- Cast in rail system within the freezer chambers to accommodate internal mobile racking system
- Fully fitted out plant room to house the compressors, ammonia plant, pumps and condensers
- 49 dock levellers across both sides of the unit
- On site canteen with full catering facilities
- On site Vehicle Maintenance Unit complete with VOSA compliant MOT testing facilities
- Fuel island, vehicle wash and weigh bridge
- Parking for 195 cars
- Service yard area to accommodate 138 HGV’s and 44 tractor units