What we're looking forWe are looking for an ambitious Contracts Manager to join our successful team at Winvic Construction, a multi-disciplinary main contractor based in the midlands that excels in the delivery of construction and civil engineering projects on a national scale. Reporting to the Contracts Director for the civil and infrastructure sector you will need to have extensive experience in managing civil engineering projects, with a solid understanding of construction drawings and the construction process. In addition you will have experience in handling projects with a value of £10 million plus, whilst having a passion to manage client expectations in the sectors of rail, highways and infrastructure.
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- 26 days annual leave plus additional long service entitlement
- Car allowance
- Business travel
- Pension scheme
- Employee benefits
What it's all about
Manage the pre construction of each project ensuring sites are ready for starting on-time
Review of construction contracts
Manage supply chain partners over different projects
Cost manage each project maintaining forecasted margins
Reporting to the Contracts Director for the civils and infrastructure sector you will need to have extensive experience in managing civil engineering projects, with a solid understanding of construction drawings and the construction process. In addition you will have experience in handling projects with a value of £10 million plus, whilst having a passion to manage client expectations in the sectors of rail, highways and infrastructure.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and package and the chance to work in an environment where you are well respected and given the opportunity to continue to develop and progress in your career.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Good working knowledge of contract conditions
- Proven ability to form good working relationships with staff and clients
- Excellent eye for detail
- Manage multiple sites
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Strong customer focus and customer service skills
- Work with an open and flexible mind
- Be able to multi task
- Review construction BMS of RAMS
- Appropriate Engineering/Construction Qualification
- CSCS Black Card
- Manage the professional development of all site staff.
- Manage the pre construction of each project ensuring site’s are ready for starting on-time
- Review of construction contracts
- Manage supply chain partners over different projects
- Resolve and provide engineering solutions to sites.
- Cost manage each project maintaining forecasted margins
- Manage quality of the civil engineering site and works associated
- To behave in a manner that supports the company’s Values.
WINVIC’S CORE VALUES
- Respect – For all of our colleagues, regardless of their position in the organisation. Respect for suppliers, communities, the environment – and for our customers. By valuing the opinions and concerns of others our solutions deliver the best outcome for all stakeholders.
- Loyalty – To our customers, each other, and our suppliers.
- Honesty – Allows us to tackle difficult conversations constructively. Straight-talking generates trust and helps to solve problems quickly. We keep clients in the picture at all times, so there will be no nasty surprises on cost or delivery.
- Challenging/questioning – Always asking ourselves if there is a better way. The commitment to continuous improvement underpins our position as industry leaders.
- Passion: pride, tenacity, drive – The winning mentality. If it’s in our hearts it’s at the heart of the business. The most important ingredient in the recipe for success.
The Winvic Way
From before day one, Winvic’s founders had a vision of a construction company that didn’t just meet contract requirements. They could see an organisation that was completely trusted by its staff, clients, subcontractors and communities, and which propelled projects to not only meet goals and expectations, but to also go above and beyond. Today, this ethos is known as The Winvic Way.
It ultimately means something different to everyone, but the phrase embodies how each Winvic employee wants to execute their role. Companies and potential new members of staff that share our unyielding ethos are inevitably drawn to working with us, and vice versa, finding our open, pragmatic and ‘go-all-out’ attitude refreshing, valuable and desirable.