What we're looking forWe are looking for an enthusiastic Design Manager to join our growing team at Winvic Construction, a multi-disciplinary main contractor that excels in the delivery of construction projects on a national scale.
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- 26 days annual leave plus additional long service entitlement
- Business travel
- Pension scheme
- Employee benefits
What it's all about
Providing design support to Project Management teams
Leading design team meetings and workshops
Reviewing and implementing value engineering opportunities
Working closely with clients to ensure satisfaction
Reporting to the Technical Director, covering all aspects of design coordination for the business on projects throughout the UK, varying in value from £10m to in excess of £60m across a range of sectors including industrial, retail, student accommodation, private rental schemes, offices, and industrial fit out.
Experience & Qualifications:
Architectural and design backgrounds considered.
Duties will involve but not be limited to:
- Arranging and chairing the Design team meetings to lead the process with the consultants and sub contract designers, issuing minutes and ensuring the resulting actions are actioned
- Collate and manage the contract specifications, drawing and related documents for the construction process
- Carrying drawing reviews issuing comments then ensuring all comments are added accordingly to the design
- Carry out technical reviews of any proposed works to ensure contractual and technical compliance.
- Prepare and manage the Design and procurement schedule and issue information release schedules to set design target dates
- Offer input and design reviews into the procurement process
- Providing design support to Project Management teams.
- Review and implement value engineering opportunities
- Coordinate with the M&E managers to ensure coordination of the M&E install and commissioning process.
- Utilising specialist consultants coordinate the information and design to ensure BREEAM and Part L compliance are attained as required.
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy Building Control compliance
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy all planning conditions are discharged
- Lead Design review workshop with the client / tenant to ensure understanding and satisfaction with proposed works
- Manage the Design Change Proposals for client sign off
- Submitting Design information to the client team and recording, tracking and closing out any comments and queries that arise
- Issue, track and close out any Requests For Information that arise to enable the design to be completed.
- Assist in the collation of the O&M Health and Safety file
The Winvic Way
From before day one, Winvic’s founders had a vision of a construction company that didn’t just meet contract requirements. They could see an organisation that was completely trusted by its staff, clients, contractors and subcontractors, and which propelled projects to not only meet goals and expectations, but to also go above and beyond. Today, this ethos is known as The Winvic Way.
It ultimately means something different to everyone, but the phrase embodies how each Winvic employee wants to execute their role. Companies and potential new members of staff that share our unyielding ethos are inevitably drawn to working with us, and vice versa, finding our open, pragmatic and ‘go-all-out’ attitude refreshing, valuable and desirable.