What we're looking forWe are looking for an enthusiastic Estimator to join our successful team winning work for Winvic Construction, a multi-disciplinary main contractor that excels in the delivery of construction projects on a national scale. Reporting to the Managing Estimator, the successful candidate will be responsible for tenders, 2 stage projects and cost plans; all tenders are Design and Build. Our projects vary in value from £10m to in excess of £60m and are across a range of sectors including industrial, retail, student accommodation, private rental schemes, offices, and industrial fit out.
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- 26 days annual leave plus additional long service entitlement
- Car allowance
- Business travel
- Pension scheme
- Employee benefits
What it's all about
Managing tenders through to submission
Liaising with and managing internal and external tender teams
Evaluating supply chain quotations
Reviewing supply chain performance quarterly
Reporting to the Managing Estimator, the successful candidate will be responsible for tenders, 2 stage projects and cost plans; all tenders are Design and Build. Our projects vary in value from £10m to in excess of £60m and are across a range of sectors including industrial, retail, student accommodation, private rental schemes, offices, and industrial fit out.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and package and the chance to work in an environment where you are well respected and given the opportunity to continue to develop and progress in your career.
Experience & Qualifications:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC B Eng, NVQ or equivalent experience
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of planning and construction activities.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Microsoft Project.
- You will be able to demonstrate a high level of construction knowledge
- You will be an ambitious individual, take pride in what you produce, have good communication, organisation and leadership skills
Duties will involve but not be limited to:
- Manage the tender from receipt, through to submission and post tender queries.
- Liaise with and manage the internal and external tender team
- Mark up enquiries to be sent out to the supply chain, organise Bills Of Quantities production and obtain material quotes where necessary
- Evaluate returned quotations from supply chain and liaise with supply chain member to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements
- Prepare and evaluate risk and opportunity
- Arrange and prepare commercial documents for Tender Handover meetings
- Review supply chain performance quarterly
- Attend pre qualification, mid tender and post tender interviews
- Visit sites to obtain feedback
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies and liaise with Clients
The Winvic Way
From before day one, Winvic’s founders had a vision of a construction company that didn’t just meet contract requirements. They could see an organisation that was completely trusted by its staff, clients, subcontractors and communities, and which propelled projects to not only meet goals and expectations, but to also go above and beyond. Today, this ethos is known as The Winvic Way.
It ultimately means something different to everyone, but the phrase embodies how each Winvic employee wants to execute their role. Companies and potential new members of staff that share our unyielding ethos are inevitably drawn to working with us, and vice versa, finding our open, pragmatic and ‘go-all-out’ attitude refreshing, valuable and desirable.