What we're looking forWe are looking for an experienced Project Manager that will have overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of a project. Our projects vary in value from £10m to in excess of £60m and are across a range of sectors including industrial, retail, Student Accommodation, Private rental schemes, offices, and industrial fit-out. Our Project Managers must have a combination of skills including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts, as well as excellent general management skills.
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday
- Car allowance
- Business travel
- Pension scheme
- Employee benefits
What it's all about
Ensuring projects meet deadlines
Liasing with various roles and levels of management
Giving great communication to our clients
Representing our high profile clients needs
Being a great ambassador for our culture and values
A Project Manager is a key figure of any Winvic team and will primarily be responsible for the overall success of delivering a project, reaching set targets both safely and to the right quality standards on time and on budget. Overseeing the contract administration and safety management reporting into the Operations Manager.
The role offers the opportunity to grow and develop your career within a successful and progressive organisation which offers a competitive salary based on experience.
You must be able to perform effectively within tight time-scales, keep within strict budgets and create a positive client environment maintaining a good relationship throughout the contract.
Our Project Managers oversee all aspects of any development and manage their team of Design Managers, Planners, Commercial Managers and the site team; so, excellent communication skills are an essential attribute which is most certainly required. To overcome certain tasks, Project Managers must show initiative and be able to find ways to adapt and manage a situation to provide a successful outcome to any overall critical path and delivery of the project.
The successful candidate will be expected to support the development of leadership within the site team. They will need to organise the team in the most effective way possible to complete the project, whilst training and teaching the employees towards the company’s core values. Encouragement of excellence and quality in work will lead to a great reputation amongst clients, and within the business.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Applicants must have experience working on at least one of the sectors Winvic operate in, as well as in the management of H&S.
- Applicants will ideally have experience of managing all aspects of the build process as well as up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation
- SMSTS and First Aid at Work
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong team leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to think ahead
- Proven longevity with previous employers
- Plan the delivery of the project at hand.
- Main point of contact for the Client team.
- Responsible for overall management of programming.
- Oversee the management of the day-to-day working on site.
- Report progress on projects, including financial reporting with assistance of the team.
- To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
- Monitor that the Site and Engineering Team order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives.
- Oversee the Daily supervision and co-ordination of on-site staff, sub-contractors, plant and materials including Information management / meticulous record keeping of all relevant paperwork.
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Maintain strict quality control procedures, conduct regular site safety checks, Tool box talks and inductions.
- Ensure that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
The Winvic Way
From before day one, Winvic’s founders had a vision of a construction company that didn’t just meet contract requirements. They could see an organisation that was completely trusted by its staff, clients, contractors and subcontractors, and which propelled projects to not only meet goals and expectations, but to also go above and beyond. Today, this ethos is known as The Winvic Way.
It ultimately means something different to everyone, but the phrase embodies how each Winvic employee wants to execute their role. Companies and potential new members of staff that share our unyielding ethos are inevitably drawn to working with us, and vice versa, finding our open, pragmatic and ‘go-all-out’ attitude refreshing, valuable and desirable.