What we're looking forWe are looking for an ambitious experienced Project/Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our successful team at Winvic Construction, a multi-disciplinary main contractor based in the midlands that excels in the delivery of construction projects on a national scale. Reporting to the Managing Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager the successful candidate will need to be able to lead and work within a team to enable the success of our projects ranging from £5m to in excess of £60 million.
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday
- Car allowance
- Business travel
- Pension scheme
What it's all about
Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors
Manage commercial performance against targets
Manage the commercial aspects of the contract
Ensure commercial policies are adhered to and legislations are met
Reporting to the Managing Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager the successful candidate will need to be able to lead and work within a team to enable the success of our projects ranging from £5m to in excess of £60 million.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and package and the chance to work in an environment where you are well respected and given the opportunity to continue to develop and progress in your career.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Have a degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Have experience managing your own project or multiple projects.
- Experience working on industrial, high rise multi-room or retail scheme projects valued above £10m .
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Packages, including Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrate a high level of construction knowledge, teamwork, discipline and enthusiasm.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected at all times.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender.
- Manage our established list of supply chain sub-contractors.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Submission of client valuations and management of the variation account.
- Manage the commercial aspects of the contract
- Management of subcontract accounts from procurement to final account.
- Preparation and assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that legislations are met.
The Winvic Way
From before day one, Winvic’s founders had a vision of a construction company that didn’t just meet contract requirements. They could see an organisation that was completely trusted by its staff, clients, contractors and subcontractors, and which propelled projects to not only meet goals and expectations, but to also go above and beyond. Today, this ethos is known as The Winvic Way.
It ultimately means something different to everyone, but the phrase embodies how each Winvic employee wants to execute their role. Companies and potential new members of staff that share our unyielding ethos are inevitably drawn to working with us, and vice versa, finding our open, pragmatic and ‘go-all-out’ attitude refreshing, valuable and desirable.