Winvic Construction have been appointed by CODE Student Accommodation to build a 1,206 bedroom, student accommodation scheme located on the corner of Fairfax Street and Cox Street in the centre of Coventry.
At a glance
- Client: CODE Students
- Architect: RG+P
- Engineer: PRP
- Programme: 103 weeks
- Completion: August 2019
- BREEAM: Very Good
The development comprises four interlinked blocks with a steel frame construction, built from piled foundations. Other works include landscaping to upper floor podium, offices, common rooms and retail space on the ground and first floor.
All 1,206 bedrooms are self-contained, and include the following features:
- Secure CCTV and fob entrance system
- Fully equipped kitchen including fridge/freezer, microwave and integrated oven and hob
- Deluxe designer shower room
- Four interlinked blocks in varying heights ranging between 23 and 14 storeys.
- Steel frame construction built from piled foundations with in-situ concrete upper floors and SFS infill framing system.
- External elevations a combination of Class A1 insulation & render with UPVC windows, curtain walling and brise soleil.
The first 315 rooms including office, gym and laundry were handed over in September 2018.
1,206 student bedrooms
Share this project: