Winvic were contracted by London Taxi Company to deliver their new Headquarters, a state-of-the-art research, development and assembly site, the UK’s first dedicated car factory to produce electric vehicles.
At a glance
- Project value: £26m
- Client: The London Taxi Company
- Architect: BHP Design
- Engineer: CWA
- Programme: 54 weeks
- Completion: July 2016
- BREEAM: Excellent
Located in Coventry’s Ansty Park, this visually striking £26m project was completed on-time and within budget, incorporating 331,776 sq ft research, development and assembly space, 253,597 sq ft of external yards, and 76,660 sq ft of office space across three floors.
Alongside its prominent physical presence, our work included the installation of a rainwater harvesting system, 849 m2 of photovoltaic solar panels, 20 electric vehicle charging points, and a compressed air system that allows for waste heat to be harvested and reused. This led to us achieving a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating, as well as an EPC rating of: A18.
We always aim to deliver buildings for our clients that are not just energy and space efficient, but create productive and cost-effective working environments.
- 331,776 sq ft research, development and assembly space
- 76,660 sq ft total office space split over 3 floors
- 23,560m2 external yards
- 12m haunch height
- Mass and reinforced concrete base foundations
- Lime and cement stabilisation and vibro treated ground work solutions
- Building designed in accordance with Feng Shui and philosophical system
- VRF system and heat recovery to office area
- 4 dock levellers
332,000 sq ft warehouse
77,000 sq ft office space over 3 floors
20 electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Level access doors
- EPC Rating: A18
- 15% Roof lights
- Excellent BREEAM rating
- 850m2 photovoltaic solar panels,
- 20 electric vehicle charge points
- It will also harvest waste heat from compressed air systems to warm the air and provide hot water
- Rainwater harvesting sytem
Share this project: