The first phase of work on site involved creating the site’s infrastructure. This included building a new roundabout on the A38 that will be the main access to the development, as well as creating internal roads, footpaths and cycleways.
At a glance
- Project value: £26.5m
- Client: IM Properties
- Architect: UMC
- Completion: August 2023
Infrastructure works on approximately 387,000m2 of land comprising of, but are not limited to;
- Earthworks – Cut and fill works undertaken to create plateaus for future development.
- Stripping topsoil across the site and constructing screening bunds to the north, south and east of the site
- Construction of access roads and installation of utility services
- Construction of two pumping stations
- Construction of a gravel footpath comprising of several footbridges around the entire development site
- Landscaping – Extensive planting of thousands of trees
- Construction of a new roundabout on the A38
- Construction of a 60m span pedestrian footbridge over the A38
- Installation of street lighting, drainage, traffic signals
- Diversion of statutory telecommunication services
IM Properties and Winvic have made a long-term commitment to deliver a programme of community benefits, which has in part been informed by the Birmingham Skills Investment Plan, Birmingham City Council’s skills strategy to 2026. In addition to supporting thousands of jobs, helping local people access new employment opportunities and improve their skills, Peddimore will deliver a long-term social return on investment and create a positive legacy for years to come.
217 people have gained new employment
448 training weeks delivered
Construction of a new roundabout
Share this project: