At a glance
- Project value: £107.5 million
- Client: SEGRO
- Engineer: BWB Consulting
- Programme: Sequenced
- Completion: Dec 2023 (targeted)
SEGRO Logistics Park Northampton is a large-scale logistics park located adjacent to J15 of the M1 with a Strategic Rail Freight Interchange (SRFI) that has been designated as a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project (NSIP) and has Development Consent Order (DCO) permitting development of up to 5 million sq ft of distribution buildings.
The project aims to create in excess of 7,450 jobs and includes:
- A 35-acre Strategic Rail Freight Interchange
- Up to 5 million sq ft of distribution buildings
- An intermodal freight terminal capable of handling trains up to 775m in length
- New road infrastructure and improvements on the A508, A45 and M1 J15
- Extensive landscaping, including new footways and cycleways
- A508 Bypass of Roade village
- Numerous junction improvements on the surrounding road network
- Planting of 60,000, trees and 30,000 shrubs
- Over 80 acres of parkland and amenity grassland
SEGRO Logistics Park Northampton will be SEGRO’s first UK big-box logistics park to achieve net-zero carbon in the construction of all the units and delivery of the supporting infrastructure as a result of a pioneering partnership with Winvic.
Winvic started on site in January 2021 to commence the main infrastructure works.
Winvic is making good progress with both the main onsite works, the rail tunnel and connection to the West Coast Mainline, the rail terminal and the programme of highways works.
You can find out more information about the project as well as frequently asked questions on the dedicated website www.slp-northampton.com.
SRFI Strategic Rail Freight Interchange
A508 Roade Bypass
M1 J15 reconfiguration
Share this project: