Winvic has been appointed by SEGRO Plc to build SEGRO Logistics Park Northampton Gateway a large-scale logistics park with a Strategic Rail Freight Interchange (SRFI).
At a glance
- Project value: £107.5 million
- Client: SEGRO
- Engineer: BWB Consulting
- Programme: Sequenced
- Completion: Targeted Dec 2023
SEGRO Logistics Park Northampton Gateway is a large-scale logistics park located adjacent to J15 of the M1 with a Strategic Rail Freight Interchange (SRFI) that has been designated as a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project (NSIP) and has Development Consent Order (DCO) permitting development of up to 5 million sq ft of distribution buildings.
The project aims to create in excess of 7,450 jobs and includes:
- A Strategic Rail Freight Interchange
- Up to 5 million sq ft of distribution buildings
- An intermodal freight terminal capable of handling trains up to 775m in length
- New road infrastructure and improvements on the A508, A45 and M1 J15
- Extensive landscaping, including new footways and cycleways
- A508 Bypass of Roade village
- Numerous junction improvements on the surrounding road network
Site preparation for the main infrastructure works, involving extensive ground investigations, archaeology and ecology works, have been underway since May.
Winvic started on site in January 2021 to commence the main infrastructure works.
You can find out more information about the project as well as frequently asked questions on the dedicated website www.slp-ng.com.
£107.5 million project value
5,000,000 sq ft of distribution buildings
Three track rail terminal area capable of taking 775m trains
Share this project: