Appointed by PLATFORM_, Winvic was contracted to develop a new build-to-rent (BTR) complex consisting of 335 apartments spread over 5, 6, 12 and 14 storey buildings located in Sheffield city centre.
At a glance
- Project value: £37.5-42.5m
- Client: PLATFORM_
- Architect: Acathus WSM Architects
- Engineer: BWB Structual Engineers
- Programme: 99 weeks
- Completion: October 2023
- Full LED lighting
The scheme comprised a mixture of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and 1 bedroom studios.
The project includes substructure, superstructure, internal finishes, fixed fittings, building services, utility services and associated external works including S278 highway works, including purification of all necessary planning consents, building warranties and statutory approvals.
The ground floor has a commercial space with the facility to provide green public spaces.
- Externally, using materials recovered from site remediation; the council and local artist incorporated street furniture and artwork in and around the new formed cycle / footpath, running along the site adjacent to the Porter brook, this includes e a viewing platform over the brook.
- Full LED lighting throughout, including full emergency lighting.
- Roof top PV’s to aid with fuel efficiency.
- Each apartment has been provided with full white goods installation fitted integral to the kitchen and finished with hard surface work tops.
- Ground floor area is split with residents’ social space, plant and comms rooms, bin stores, reception areas and retail area.
- Adjacent roads and highways were made good to suit the new entrances; a new footpath runs through the site connecting Sylvester Street to Mary Street and a new cycle path along Porter Brook.
335 high quality apartments
Full LED lighting throughout
99 week programme
Share this project: