A prosperous start to the year in the multi-room sector for Winvic Construction Ltd., as the multidisciplinary main contractor secures another scheme, this time comprising 237 build-to-rent apartments. Spaces for retailers, cafes and restaurants and an undercroft car park will also shape the nine storey building that will be completed for client Abode Hallam Ltd. in August 2019.
We’re delighted to have secured this project, which is due to commence on site this month for delivery in August 2019, and I’m very much looking forward to building a lasting relationship with Abode Hallam and Grainger
Mark Jones, Director for Multi-room
This scheme, funded by the UK’s largest listed residential landlord, Grainger plc, will help complete the transformation of the area around Napier Street and Summerfield Street, west of Sheffield’s centre; the block of 56 studios, 81 one bedroom and 100 two bedroom apartments will provide regeneration to a site that has been unoccupied for many years. Located a short walk to The University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University campuses, as well as the city, the project that includes a living roof will provide more in demand high-quality rental opportunities for the people of Sheffield.
Winvic’s growth in delivering schemes in the private rented sector and the team’s ability to foster open relationships has positioned it as the best contractor for this project. Construction is scheduled to begin on Monday, 29 January 2018, and it will officially mark the first time that Winvic has worked with Abode Hallam and Grainger.
Winvic’s Director for Multiroom, Mark Jones, said: “Our team and I have been working with the client, fund and design team over the last year, developing the design and engineering value into the scheme. We’re delighted to have secured this project, which is due to commence on site this month for delivery in August 2019, and I’m very much looking forward to building a lasting relationship with Abode Hallam and Grainger.”
Abode Hallam’s Jason Sobey, added: “We’re pleased to be developing this project which is addressing a shortfall in living space around Sheffield city centre. Winvic is making strides and winning awards in the multi-room sector across the country so this delivery partnership with them is an exciting one.”
Ed Ellerington, PRS Acquisitions Director at Grainger plc, said: “We believe the creation of 237 high quality homes, built specifically for the rental market will be significant for Sheffield’s city centre housing needs and regeneration, and we’re delighted to have Winvic and Abode Hallam’s experience on board to deliver this scheme.”
Contact details: for PR/media enquiries please contact Heidi Salmons on 07526 178006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winvic is currently erecting steelwork at the Vaughan Way PRS scheme in Leicester, which is next to the Highcross shopping centre. This mixed-use residential and commercial development is an 11-storey block with steps down to seven and five storeys on the rear elevations. It comprises 298 apartments and car parking, and is scheduled for completion in Spring 2019. Watch the development live by clicking here.
Winvic Construction Ltd is a privately owned multidisciplinary main contractor that excels in the delivery of construction projects on a national scale for a growing number of blue chip clients.
- Formed in 2001
- 100% record of delivery on-time and within budget
- £500m+ turnover
- 260% growth since 2012
- 2,468 multi-room units developed
Winvic is widely known as the UK’s leading ‘shed specialist’, but it is now also regarded as an authority in privately rented sector projects, specialist sustainable builds and retail and leisure schemes, to name a few. Services include:
- Multi-room student and residential accommodation – watch drone footage and learn more about the award winning 567-bedroom student accommodation at Southgates in Leicester
- Earthworks, remediation, infrastructure and civil engineering – the nationally significant infrastructure development, East Midlands Gateway, will be completed in December 2019
- Education, retail and leisure – read more about the prestigious Rushden Lakes retail and leisure scheme, one of the UK’s largest out of town schemes of its kind
- Standalone fit-out or encompassed in base build, including high value storage installation, complex MHE, and mechanical and electrical services – this fit-out for John Lewis in Milton Keynes is one example of a complete project across a warehouse and offices
Please visit our website’s projects pages to learn more about some the exciting construction and fit-out projects we have delivered across the areas of multi-room, industrial, commercial, education and civils.
About Grainger plc
Grainger plc, which was established in 1912, is a FTSE250 business and the UK’s largest listed residential landlord. Established in Newcastle upon Tyne, the residential landlord, property owner and manager prides itself on being a leading, responsible long-term landlord, who takes a holistic approach to creating great places to live. A market leader in the UK Private Rented Sector (“PRS”) and at the forefront of the Build to Rent sector, Grainger invests in and provides long-term, purpose-built, rental homes nationwide. Grainger has a portfolio of around 9,000 rental homes worth over c. £2.8bn and the company has pledged to invest over £850m into the PRS by 2020. Grainger was awarded Property Company of the Year at the 2017 Property Awards.
About Abode Hallam
Abode Hallam and partners have been developing student, residential and hotel accommodation since March 2008 and have developed a total of 1, 200 student beds and 200 residential apartments across the country. Developments range in size from 14 high end residential units to a 572 bed purpose built student block. Abode Hallam operate nationwide with developments in Greater London areas such as Wimbledon, Fulham, Putney, East Dulwich as well as regional centres such as Portsmouth, Bristol, Leicester, Liverpool, Nottingham and Edinburgh. Through working closely with their contracting partners nationally, they are perfectly positioned to offer a high quality designed and developed assets to suit the build to rent and student markets.