Corporate Social Responsibility
We are deeply committed to the principles of corporate social responsibility, particularly in relation to the environmental impact of our work. This informs our selection of supply chain partners, and provides the ethical framework within which all our projects are delivered.
SUSTAINABILITY & ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Our approach to sustainability ensures best practice across all of our activities as well as full alignment with our clients’ visions and business goals. By applying high sustainability standards to every aspect of construction projects, the majority of our developments achieve ‘Excellent’ and ‘Outstanding’ BREEAM ratings. Read more information on Winvic’s sustainable solutions and BREEAM here.
Furthermore, our design managers have considerable experience of sustainable developments and Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM) assessments are undertaken so that energy consumption can be analysed and designs fine-tuned for optimum efficiencies. We deliver schemes that fit soundly with their local environment and we carefully balance the many competing demands of a project.
- Minimise energy consumption and maximise energy efficiency
- Eliminate waste
- Reduce the use of raw materials and actively promote the use of recycled materials
- Carefully plan the selection and use of resources
- Work with our supply chain and subcontractors to reduce the environmental impact of their products and activities
- Aim for earthworks levels that reduce the need for on and off-site transport of materials
Winvic is recognised for its commitment to continuous improvement in sustainability by The Planet Mark. As part of this, our employees are actively engaged in a programme to measure, report on, and reduce our environmental, social and related economic impact.
- Rigorously measure and report our carbon footprint – reducing by 5% minimum year on year
- Continually manage and reduce the impact of our energy, transport and waste
- Encourage employees to bring about positive environmental and social change
- Communicate the benefits of sustainability to our stakeholders, clients and supply chain
We recognise that our undertakings can affect local individuals and businesses, and the neighbourhoods they reside in. Therefore, Winvic not only develops strong relationships with clients and suppliers, but also local communities, working thoughtfully as possible in order to minimise any issues generated by the scheme in question. Those affected by any project we undertake are kept fully informed and their needs respected; for example, we will do everything we can to lessen the impact of deliveries, parking and highways work while also making sure that our sites are clean, tidy and free of hazards.
- Voluntarily register all of our projects with the Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) and strictly adhere to its code of practice
- Are independently audited throughout the construction process and the scheme scores our sites’ performances
- Regularly monitor scores through KPIs and use auditors’ feedback to continually improve
- Are in the country’s top 10% due to our elevated standards
HEALTH & SAFETY
Our robust systems and controls are enabling us to maintain an exemplary health and safety record, while our culture of continuous improvement is empowering us to make significant progress towards zero reportable incidents. All of our staff, from directors to gap year students, undergo comprehensive health and safety training, and hold operational qualifications and CSCS cards where required. Strict compliance with statutory regulations is fundamental to every aspect of Winvic’s operations; we safeguard the health, safety and welfare of staff, clients, contractors and the neighbourhoods we work in.
- Have created, implemented, maintained and continually improve on our management system that seeks to eliminate or minimise risk to employees and others exposed to risks
- Identify hazards and put in place controls to manage them to reduce workplace accidents and illness
- Create the best possible working conditions which engages and motivates staff
- Can demonstrate all compliance to staff, clients, suppliers, contractors and communities
- Have launched a new cultural change programme to further improve behavioural safety