Appointed by Hampton Brook to deliver a fully fitted and operational distribution facility for Great Bear operating for Masterfoods in 52 weeks.
At a glance
- Project value: £25m
- Client: Hampton Brook
- End-user: Great Bear
- Architect: Tew & Smith
- Engineer: Sprigg & Little
- Programme: 52 weeks
- Completion: December 2012
Following the successful completion of infrastructure works which included major earthworks cut and fill, with dynamic compaction and stabilisation techniques, operating for Masterfoods, our Great Bear contract was for a fully fitted and operational distribution facility in 52 weeks.
The building makes use of modern construction methods and where possible employs off site component manufacture.
- VNA and wide aisle racking solutions are housed in ambient and chilled chambers.
- 75% of the building is temperature controlled.
- In rack and high level sprinklers are installed to F.M. standards.
- As well as conventional docks, the facility also employs a four auto off load docking system.
- Full security, BMS and data systems were installed.
The facility went live on the day of practical completion.
Share this project: