Tiger Developments awarded Winvic the contract to construct a new 252 bed student accommodation scheme located on the site of a former bus depot in Colchester, for award-winning student accommodation provider Host.
At a glance
- Client's agent: Tiger Developments
- Architect: O'Connell East Architects
- Engineer: Bailey Johnson Hayes
- Completion: August 2020
The new complex, constructed in time for the September 2020 student intake, provides self-contained studio flats and en-suite ‘cluster’ apartments with private bedrooms and bathrooms across three, four storey blocks along with a range of communal facilities, quiet study areas and a launderette on site.
- Structural steel frame and façade installation
- Fit out works inclusive of mechanical and electrical installations and external finishings
- Works to the existing retaining walls and façade retention for existing structure
- WLAN and WIFI infrastructure
- Integrated reception system to all units
External works included piling operations and associated ground works, all necessary service installations, soft and hard landscaping, car and cycle parking and S278 highways works.
In January 2020, Winvic successfully completed and handed over to the client a Show Flat within the ground floor of block C and a Marketing Suite.
71 week programme
252 student bedrooms
Share this project: