What we're looking forAn exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Civils Planner to join our team based at our Head Office in Northampton.
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- 26 days annual leave plus additional long service entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Employee benefits
What it's all about
The development of Contract, Construction and Design & Procurement programme
Liaising with the tender team to establish the build sequence and earthworks strategy for each tender. Then preparing tender programmes and graphics to suit, plus pricing preliminaries.
Attending tender interviews as required including input into presentations.
Regular site visits to monitor progress against the Contract programme and attendance at meetings as necessary.
Assessment of the programme impact of variations where necessary.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Planner to join our successful team at Winvic Construction; a multi-disciplinary main contractor based in the Midlands that excels in the delivery of construction and civil engineering projects on a national scale.
Reporting to the Civils & Infrastructure Managing Planner, the successful candidate will be responsible for a varied workload of tender and live projects. Our projects vary in value from £10m to in excess of £100m and are across a range of disciplines including, Highways, Earthworks, Drainage, Structures, Rail for both Private and Public Clients.
Experience & Qualifications:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC B Eng, NVQ or equivalent experience.
- Demonstration of construction knowledge and the planning of construction activities on multiple projects of varying types.
- Computer literate with experience of planning software – preferably Asta Powerproject – and a good working knowledge of other software, such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- You will be an ambitious individual, take pride in what you produce, and have good attention to detail, communication, organisation and leadership skills, and strong customer focus and customer service skills.
- Ideally you will be located within a reasonable travel distance of our Midlands (Northampton) Head office.
- Liaising with the tender team to establish the build sequence and earthworks strategy for each tender. Then preparing tender programmes and graphics to suit, plus pricing preliminaries.
- Attending tender interviews as required including input into presentations.
- The development of Contract, Construction and Design & Procurement programme
- The preparation of sequence graphics for live projects, including detailed Sub-Contract information.
- Regular site visits to monitor progress against the Contract programme and attendance at meetings as necessary.
- Assessment of the programme impact of variations where necessary.
- The preparation of Completion Programmes.
WINVIC’S CORE VALUES
- Respect – For all of our colleagues, regardless of their position in the organisation. Respect for suppliers, communities, the environment – and for our customers. By valuing the opinions and concerns of others our solutions deliver the best outcome for all stakeholders.
- Loyalty – To our customers, each other, and our suppliers.
- Honesty – Allows us to tackle difficult conversations constructively. Straight-talking generates trust and helps to solve problems quickly. We keep clients in the picture at all times, so there will be no nasty surprises on cost or delivery.
- Challenging/questioning – Always asking ourselves if there is a better way. The commitment to continuous improvement underpins our position as industry leaders.
- Passion: pride, tenacity, drive – The winning mentality. If it’s in our hearts it’s at the heart of the business. The most important ingredient in the recipe for success.
The Winvic Way
From before day one, Winvic’s founders had a vision of a construction company that didn’t just meet contract requirements. They could see an organisation that was completely trusted by its staff, clients, subcontractors and communities, and which propelled projects to not only meet goals and expectations, but to also go above and beyond. Today, this ethos is known as The Winvic Way.
It ultimately means something different to everyone, but the phrase embodies how each Winvic employee wants to execute their role. Companies and potential new members of staff that share our unyielding ethos are inevitably drawn to working with us, and vice versa, finding our open, pragmatic and ‘go-all-out’ attitude refreshing, valuable and desirable.