What we're looking forWe are looking for enthusiastic Senior Engineers and Engineers to join our successful team winning work for Winvic Construction, a multi-disciplinary main contractor that excels in the delivery of construction projects on a national scale. Site Based and reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Engineering on a busy site. Our projects vary in value from £10m to in excess of £60m and are across a range of sectors including industrial, Civil Engineering, retail, student accommodation, private rental schemes, offices, and industrial fit out.
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday
- Car allowance
- Business travel
- Pension scheme
- Employee benefits
What it's all about
Management of Sub Contractors
Sorting out initial setting out on sites
Monitor engineering team ensuring quality is met
Mentoring of junior Engineers
Site based and reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Engineering on a busy site.
Experience & Qualifications:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC B Eng, NVQ or equivalent experience
- Good all round knowledge of multiple processes.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- You will be able to demonstrate a high level of construction knowledge
- You will be an ambitious individual, take pride in what you produce, have good communication, organisation and leadership skills
- Sorting out initial setting out on sites
- Liaising with the Tender Handover team and establishing ground models to fix levels
- Value Engineering the design with the team looking at potential savings
- Monitor the Engineering team ensuring quality is met
- Take off and pricing of materials and ordering to site for use
- Input into planning including short term maps
- Inputs into site safety
- Management of Sub Contractors
- Material Reconciliations for bulk orders
- Implementing new technology to speed up processes
- Mentoring of junior Engineers
- Inputs into site meetings
The Winvic Way
From before day one, Winvic’s founders had a vision of a construction company that didn’t just meet contract requirements. They could see an organisation that was completely trusted by its staff, clients, contractors and subcontractors, and which propelled projects to not only meet goals and expectations, but to also go above and beyond. Today, this ethos is known as The Winvic Way.
It ultimately means something different to everyone, but the phrase embodies how each Winvic employee wants to execute their role. Companies and potential new members of staff that share our unyielding ethos are inevitably drawn to working with us, and vice versa, finding our open, pragmatic and ‘go-all-out’ attitude refreshing, valuable and desirable.