Winvic was appointed by client Panattoni to deliver the infrastructure and enabling works for Panattoni Park, Northampton, a 120-acre distribution park located off junction 16 of the M1.
At a glance
- Project value: £8 million
- Client: Panattoni
- Architect: Stephen George & Partners
- Engineer: BWB Consulting
- Programme: 56 weeks
- Completion: November 2020
The project comprised of, 1.2km of dual carriageway re-alignment, installation of two 50m diameter roundabouts and the diversions of:
- 1000m of 355mm medium pressure gas main
- Two 400mm trunk water mains
- BT, Vodafone and Virgin Communications Cabling
- 600m of HV cabling and facilitated the new service connections for the industrial development
The works were carried out by maintaining a 24hr traffic management plan split into four works phases, maintaining one lane of traffic flowing in each direction throughout the main construction works. Winvic also managed a Highways England Network Occupancy booking to accommodate eight weeks of overnight closures with associated diversions on Highways England Network.
Close liaison with Highways England, Northamptonshire County Council Highways Authority and other stakeholders were maintained throughout the construction period, to:
- Facilitate access to a 200 space Truckstop operating 24hrs.
- Ensure the scheme was built to the highest technically approved standards.
- To allow for a simultaneous amalgamation of the works alongside Highways England’s Smart Motorways project, taking place on the M1 between junction 13 and 16.
Upon completion, the site will offer more than 1.6 million sq ft of state-of-the-art logistics and industrial space, with the capacity for up to six warehouse buildings. Following on from the construction of the first three units (4, 5 & 6) Winvic completed units 1, 2 & 3 in October 2021.
1.2km of dual carriageway re-alignment
Two 50m diameter roundabouts
56 week programme
Share this project: