Winvic was appointed to deliver a single storey distribution facility with three storey offices for repeat client Clowes Developments at Centrix Business Park, Corby. The 162,500 sq ft unit was pre-let to Deichmann enabling the European shoe retailer to have full autonomy to manage its inventory and logistics.
At a glance
- Project value: £9m
- Client: Clowes Developments
- End-user: Deichmann
- Architect: IMA Architects
- Engineer: Millward
- Programme: 40 weeks
- Completion: December 2021
Biodiversity Features / Enhancements Implemented:
As part of the external site works package Winvic created a number of biodiversity enhancements, which included the following:
- Creation of two Great Crested Newts mitigation ponds, which provides habitat for invertebrates and encourages other amphibians to the ponds.
- Newt hibernacula that provide important places for newts to rest during the day or during cold or dry weather.
- Open mosaic habitat (OMH) recreation & earth bank (western and northern embankment). The purpose of the OMH and earth bank is to allow natural regeneration of the naturally remaining bare mineral soil, translocated ephemeral vegetation and slag substrate.
5,000 sq ft two storey office
40 week programme
Two Great Crested Newts mitigation ponds
Share this project: