Boilerplate - About Winvic
Winvic Construction Ltd is a leading main contractor that specialises in the design, build and fit out of industrial, multi-room, commercial and retail & leisure projects and the delivery of large-scale, complex civils and infrastructure schemes. The award winning company has been privately owned since its formation in 2001 and has an impressive register of repeat clients and end-users, including prominent developers, global brands and funds.
- £800m+ turnover
- 400% growth since 2013
- Enviable staff retention rate
- Over 75 million sq ft of industrial space constructed to date with a further 12 million+ under construction
- Over 7,000 multi-room beds developed to date with a further 3,000+ under construction
- Over 30km of highways works
- Over 2,000 acres of major sites developed
Winvic retains its status as the UK’s top ‘shed specialist’, delivering warehouses and mega-sheds with complex requirements, including material handling equipment and temperature controlled environments. The company has built a solid reputation for providing an ever improving product and service, responsibly, ethically and safely, and in recent years the company has become regarded as an authority across a wide range of sectors other than industrial.
- Over 7,000 build-to-rent and student accommodation (multi-room) bedrooms have been completed to date with a hotel scheme underway. Significant projects include:
- Parkside, Coventry – comprising 502 student rooms within three towers of 6, 13 and 19 storeys, a 16,000 sq ft basement and roof terrace
- Bath Lane, Leicester – transforming a vacant city centre site for a PRS project with 10, 14 and 16 storey towers and innovative outdoor spaces
- Hotel La Tour – a 15 storey, luxury four star hotel containing 261 bedrooms in the heart of Milton Keynes, with adaptable meeting spaces, external terrace, and a sky bar and restaurant
- Few projects are as large or as broad as the ‘inland port’, SEGRO Logistics Park East Midlands Gateway. The three year, Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project comprises earthworks, remediation, infrastructure, civil engineering and 6 million sq. ft. modern industrial warehousing:
- new carriageways and motorway slip roads, a rail freight terminal, numerous structures, major utility works and diversions as well as in excess of 5 million m3 of earthworks
- 50-acre Strategic Rail Freight Terminal, the only facility in the UK capable of accommodating 775m long trains direct from mainland Europe
- Five development plots ranging up to 1.3 million sq ft, including a 600,000 sq ft distribution centre with a 35m high bay facility
- Northamptonshire’s Rushden Lakes retail and leisure destination is one of the UK’s largest schemes of its kind:
- The £46 million Phase 1 not only included three terraces containing 380,000 sq ft of retail and 20,000 sq ft of restaurant space for 35 occupiers, but also a 1.5km SSSI nature walk in the adjacent forest and Nene Wetlands Visitor Centre, canoe facility with pontoons, wet play area and 30km of FSE timber decked boardwalk;
- Phase 2’s Leisure Terrace comprises a 28m high, eight level steel frame cinema building with over 100 sets of pre-cast stairs, four leisure units and 8 restaurants and five large units are housed in the retail terrace.
- Another 30,000 sq ft of retail space within 10 units was completed in the third and final phase, Garden Square. The boutique retail area is set in a piazza featuring a unique, enclosed, quiet garden space that can also be transformed into a location for outdoor events and pop-up shops, and comprises features such as logs and boulders to encourage natural play, biodiverse planting and USB charging points.