What we're looking forReporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will need to be able to lead and work within a team to enable the success of our projects. Our projects vary in value from £10m to in excess of £60m and are across a range of sectors including industrial, retail, student accommodation, private rental schemes, offices, and industrial fit out
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- 26 days annual leave plus additional long service entitlement
- Car allowance
- Business travel
- Pension scheme
- Employee benefits
What it's all about
Managing site teams and daily supervision of subcontractors
Monitoring performance against targets
Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety policy and regulations
Maintaining strict quality control procedures
As a Site Manager you will provide essential support for new sites.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will need to be able to lead and work within a team to enable the success of our projects.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Applicants must have experience working on at least one of the sectors Winvic operate in, as well as in the management of H&S.
- Applicants will ideally have experience of managing all aspects of the build process as well as up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation
- SMSTS and First Aid at Work
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong team leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to think ahead
- To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
- Monitor that the Engineering Team order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives.
- Daily supervision and co-ordination of on-site staff, sub-contractors, plant and materials including Information management /meticulous record keeping of all relevant paperwork
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Maintain strict quality control procedures, conduct regular site safety checks, Tool box talks and inductions
- Ensure that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
The Winvic Way
From before day one, Winvic’s founders had a vision of a construction company that didn’t just meet contract requirements. They could see an organisation that was completely trusted by its staff, clients, subcontractors and communities, and which propelled projects to not only meet goals and expectations, but to also go above and beyond. Today, this ethos is known as The Winvic Way.
It ultimately means something different to everyone, but the phrase embodies how each Winvic employee wants to execute their role. Companies and potential new members of staff that share our unyielding ethos are inevitably drawn to working with us, and vice versa, finding our open, pragmatic and ‘go-all-out’ attitude refreshing, valuable and desirable.